top of page


We provide no-cost legal advice and representation for housing issues. We can help with 

  • evictions

  • illegal lockouts

  • utility shutoffs by landlords

  • problems involving rental subsidies such as Section 8

  • public housing

  • foreclosures

  • displacements due to fire, flood, or municipal action

We can also help with other landlord-tenant disputes, including for unsafe housing conditions such as broken windows or doors, leaky roof, heat that does not work, and pests like rats and insects.

If you are facing a problem with your housing or your landlord, please contact our office immediately, without waiting until you receive court papers or eviction orders, because it is easiest for us to help at an early stage of the problem.

With some housing issues, it is possible for you to represent yourself in court to get the issue resolved. When you represent yourself in court, it is called appearing "pro se." In addition to our other legal services, we offer two pro se clinics, where eligible clients can learn how to represent themselves on certain issues. Click these links to learn more about our pro se clinics and representing yourself in court:

Untitled design (47)_edited.jpg
Download a shareable PDF of our Housing flyer.
Apply now for legal help.
bottom of page